Saturday, July 25, 2009

Feeling Like a Kid in a Candy Store!


The other day after church I went to Barnes and Nobles while Mark and the boys were at Best Buy helping Mark's brother Chris with something he needed. I decided to go to the bookstore fro a couple of reasons. 1. My Dogs were KILLING me in the heels I was wearing and I could sit and relax them. They aren't used to heels anymore since I started working at the motorcycle dealership. I only wear sneakers or flat sandals. 2. I never get to go to a bookstore and explore since I am always working so my store exploration is a fast run in and run out during lunch 3. I just LOVE BOOKS! I don't know if it is just me but I found that on my way walking from Best Buy to Barnes and Nobles a spring came into my step. I was so Full of joy to be going I felt like a kid going to a candy store. I didn't have to rush just take my time exploring what is new. I don't' know if it is just me that feels like that in a book store just the thought of being able to get a new book or learn something EXCITES ME! My feet were still hurting so I took my shoes off and sat right on the floor in front of the SALES Bins. Just to let you know I was still in my church clothes and was wearing a white skirt. I didn't care or have a care in the world just the excitement of rummaging through the books.

My last stop and this is were I always land is in the KIDS Book section of the store. I had a Chance to help a lady and her two sons. She had one SON that loves to read and the other SON that doesn't. I can relate to this because Dylan loves to read but Jacob and Jared you have to push or just make it mandatory reading in the house for the most part. This past year they did find a couple of series they enjoyed reading so I shared them with her and she purchased them for her son. At the end I wound up sitting and reading an old Nancy Drew Mysteries book. I had them all when I was a kid and remember loving them.

On my way out of the store I stopped to read Cook Books, I can't remember which book it was but I got a recipe out of one of them. So easy and simple I went home and made it. It was called EASY CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF! It was interesting that I came across this because I had set out stew meat to make Beef Tips and Rice for dinner. I will go back find this book and purchase it. I MIGHT SPEND HOUR FINDING THE EXACT BOOK BUT I WILL FIND IT!




Here is the recipe for all to try.

EASY CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF
1LB OF STEW MEAT
1 CAN OF CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
1 PKG. OF ONION SOUP MIX
4 0Z CREME CHEESE
EGG NOODLES

IN A CROCK POT (I PUT IT ON 4 HOUR HIGH)PUT THE STEW MEAT, CREAM OF MUSHROOM (I DID ADD A CAN OF WATER) AND ONION SOUP MIX. COOK THIS FOR 3 HOURS THEN ADD CREME CHEESE THE LAST HOUR IT COOK KEEP STIRRING UNTIL IT IS WELL BLENDED. Cook EGG NOODLES AS DIRECTED ON PACKAGE. THAT IS IT AND IT TURNED OUT WONDERFUL, MEAT WAS SO TENDER AND FULL OF FLAVOR. IT WAS EVEN BETTER TWO DAYS LATER FOR LEFT OVERS AND I DON'T EAT LEFT OVERS. WHEN I COOKED IT I ALSO DOUBLED EVERYTHING TO FEED US ALL.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I love Barnes & Noble too. Always been a great way for me to relax :)