Thursday, March 5, 2009

MY HEART IS BREAKING




Today I will have to let go and say goodbye to my Summer girl. We are giving up our dogs since we are so busy with activities and it is only going to get busier as the boys are getting older and going in different directions with different activities. this has been a hard decision one that I have been pondering for almost a year now. I know this is the best thing for both Summer and Daisy. It was hard explaining to the boys why we were getting rid of the girls but they understood when I told them we weren't home enough to give them the love and attention they deserved. Sometimes loving animals means letting them go if it is going to be the best thing for them. We are all heart broken but we love them enough to let them go. As I am writing this I am crying at work like a baby and have been all morning when I heard the family that is taking Summer is coming to get her today around 2 this afternoon. It broke my heart as I was leaving and she gave me a look as if she knew what was happening. She didn't wag her tail and give me kisses as I left. She is going to a good home in Vero Beach. Where she will have a companion by the name of Marley a chocolate lab to play with, a big yard to run and go for lot of walks and runs which Summer loves. Summer we will miss you and will always love you! Mom, Dad, Dylan, Jacob and Jared.

We still have to find a great home for Daisy. So if you know of anyone in need of a wonderful companion/pet. She is your dog. She even plays basketball. I didn't believe it myself when the boys told me but then I witnessed it for myslef. It was so adorable. Please let me know if you know of anyone, Thanks

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Animals quickly come a part of your family, but at least you are doing what's best for them.I'm sorry you have to go through it. *hugs*

Janet said...

That is so sad and I don't even like dogs very much. Hang in there. The dogs will be okay and so will you.