Saturday, January 17, 2009

We're Back!

We had such a great time in Virginia going from one side of the state to the other. We started off in Seaford which is near Yorktown. So we visited the battle fields, monuments, caves and historic districts of Yorktown and Williamsburg. I also showed the boys were I went to high school and lived growing up. We visited my daughter's grandparents while we were in town. They live in Newport News down the street from where I grew up.Then we went to visit my high school friend Carol and her family in Virginia Beach/Norfolk. We haven't seen each other in approximately 17 yrs. She has two of the cutest kids. New Years eve we went to my aunt Michele's home in Richmond. Where she was having a New Years eve party. Dylan was in heaven playing man hunt with air soft riffles with his 2nd cousins they had just met On this trip. Trevor and Brandon are the boys ages so it was really nice that they finally got to meet and got along so well. New years day we were off to Uncle Craig and Louanne's house in Floyd. Floyd is about an hour from Roanoke in the mountains. Since I am used to Florida weather and really don't have proper clothing for the cold lets just say I was freezing my tush off. The boys were having the time of their lives. Building bomb fires, riding four wheelers, hiking, learning to split wood, planting a Christmas tree and just getting dirty without getting yelled at. I loved visiting family I haven't seen in many years and hopefully it won't be that long again before we all get together. Here is a brief slide show of our trip to Uncle Craig's there are so many pictures I had to pick a select few to share. I hope you enjoy.

Click to play
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

1 comment:

Janet said...

Sounds like a great getaway for you guys. I'm glad you could go. Great pics!