Monday, January 26, 2009

LOST AND FOUND!

IN MY HOUSE OLD LOST ITEMS ARE LIKE BRAND NEW TOYS WHEN WE FINALLY DO FIND THEM. WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS WE FOUND MY SON JACOB'S CAMERA WE THOUGHT WAS LOST ON A BOY SCOUT CAMPING TRIP LAST YEAR BUT IT WAS REALLY STUCK UNDER THE DRIVER SEAT OF MY CAR. WE BOTH RECEIVED CAMERAS A COUPLE OF CHRISTMASES AGO AND BOTH WERE LOST LAST YEAR. MINE WAS TRAGICALLY LEFT IN NEW YORK CITY ON A FERRY WHEN MARK AND DYLAN WENT IN MAY AND LESS THAN A MONTH LATER JACOB'S WAS MISSING. WE JUST ASSUMED IT WAS ON THE CAMPING TRIP AS THAT WAS THE LAST TIME ANYONE HAD SEEN IT UNTIL MARK MY WONDERFUL BOYFRIEND FOUND IT UNDER THE CAR SEAT. I WAS SO UPSET BY THIS BECAUSE NOT ONLY WAS MINE LOST BUT NOW HIS IS MISSING AND I HADN'T TAKEN THE PICTURES OFF OF IT FROM MARK AND THE BOYS TRIP TO WASHINGTON DC, OUR DAY AT UNIVERSAL, A DAY AT THE BEACH WHICH IS RARE SO YOU HAVE TO CAPTURE IT ON CAMERA/VIDEO TO SHOW THEM THEY DO HAVE FUN ONCE THEY GET THERE BECAUSE MY BOYS ARE STRANGE IN THAT THEY DON'T LIKE GOING TO THE BEACH (IT IS THE SAND THEY DON'T WANT IN THEIR PANTS! OUCH)SO IF WE GO IT IS A HASTLE. AND FINALLY CAMPING PICTURES. sO WHEN HE SAID HE FOUND THE CAMERA I WAS SO EXCITED THE FIRST THING I DID WAS TAKE THE PICTURES OFF THE CAMERA. HERE ARE A FEW OF THOSE LOST CAPTURED MOMENTS!



I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS COMMON IN YOUR HOUSE BUT IT IS VERY COMMON IN MY HOUSE WITH THE THREE BOYS AND ESPECIALLY WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS AT HOME STILL. MY STUFF WOULD ALWAYS COME UP MISSING AND THEN REAPEAR IN HER ROOM. EVEN AFTER ASKING IF SHE KNEW WHERE THEY WERE AND SHE WOULD ACT LIKE SHE WOULD NEVER HAVE TOUCHED OR WORE SUCH A THING. THE BOYS ARE ALWAYS FINDING GAMES, TOYS, MOVIES THEY HAVE LOST IN THE HOUSE OR LEFT AT GRANDMA'S, ETC. SOMETIMES IT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN. THESE ARE THE GOOD OLE DAYS. IT IS SO EXCITEING RIGHT NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO LOOK FORWARD TO ON A DAILY BASIS WHEN THEY ARE ALL GROWN UP AND GONE. I AM SURE THE PEACE AND QUITE WILL BE NICE FOR A MOMENT BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A MOM MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL LIKE IT SINCE I HATE IT AFTER A DAY OR SO WHEN THE BOYS LEAVE FOR THEIR DADS TO VISIT.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I love finding old, new, lost, found things !!!!!

Rob, Brooke and Caleb said...

That's great that he's got his camera back! Great pictures too; I love the black and white one of you with the glasses and hat- you look so pretty!