Monday, November 10, 2008

TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Let me tell you the reason for this question. This past weekend we had a yard sale. You know getting up earlier than you normally do to haul stuff outside and set it up so a bunch of strangers can come by and rummage through your old stuff. At this moment you don't care what you look like. You are not trying to win fashion show and you don't have to be pretty to have a yard sale either. So with my hair shoved on the top of my head. sweat pants and sweat shirt on(it was cool first thing in the morning, no make-up just natural ole me running around at least I put a bra on or I really would have been a site to see. After we were set up and the crowd slowed down I needed to change into something a little cooler since it was 83 degrees out now. Sometime later in the day as I went to sit down and prop my legs up to relax for a few minutes. There it was I noticed my legs they were as hairy as a gorilla and I had been strutting them around day in my shorts I never wear. The hair was longer than the hair on Mark's legs (my boyfriend). I made a little joke about it but left it at that for the rest of the day until my nice HOT relaxing Bath! Why hadn't I notice these hairy thing before. Well first thing the hair on my legs is blond (Thank You God for that nice feature you gave me!) and it doesn't bother me since I wear long pants all the time. so I started thinking while I was relaxing should I or shouldn't I? Am I the only one or are there others out there just like me? I had to decide whether to shave or not since unless you are really closely looking at my legs or touching them will you notice the hair that you could brush. Then the thought came to mind I have church in the morning! I have to shave my legs are likely to be hanging out and I can't have that. So I shaved. Now for the second question. Am I the only one out there that lets life get so busy that they forget to shave and are just very thankful that they even get to clean themselves or are you like my daughter that states she can feel the hairs growing on her legs. So she has to shave everyday and some days a couple times a day. Let me know your thoughts on shaving!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Don't shave and wear pants or long skirts. If neither you or your man mind if they're hairy, then why bother?

Crazy Mom of Four said...

i hate shaving, and usually remember sunday morning before church. i wouldn't ever shave if i lived in a winter climate.

funny story my littler sister came to visit me (live in hawaii) and we were walking back from the pool and she was like "eewww you so need to shave your legs." thanks! no one ever says anything to me about them, guess they were out of control...

oh well, i say no to shaving :) (found you at mormonmommy blogs.

Ally said...

OKAY MOM NOW U ALREADY KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION! IT IS SO ESSENTIAL TO KEEP UR LEGS NICE AND CLEAN,TRIMMED UP AND LOOKING PRETTY! WHY WOULD U WANT TO RUB YOUR HANDS DOWN YOUR LEGS AND THEM FEEL LIKE A MONKEY??? LOL