Monday, November 17, 2008

School Projects

This past week has been about doing science projects that the boys had due. I have three boys and they decided to wait till the last minute to accomplish these big project. I decided this year since they are in middle school now they had to do them (any projects that came up) on their own unless there were dangerous tools or chemicals involved. It just seems like when big projects are handed out it is more work for the parents to get it accomplished along with a bunch of money out of pocket. With that said I am on strike from these projects and unless we absolutley have to buy certain things they will use what we have in the house to complete the project. Jacob who is in 6th grade advanced Science has known about his project for over a month. He didn't have an option not to due one. The option he did have was to do a report project or a display project. He chose to do a report. Either way the experiment had to be done. It was driving me crazy that he was just acting like he had all the time in the world to accomplish this. I stuck to my word and didn't lift a finger to help. Jared is in regular science so he had the option to do one or not. He chose not to do a big project. Dylan is in 8th grade science. He had the option to do a poster and draw his FE Iron atom diagram or make a 3D model of the atom. He chose the model because it would earn him more points. He had a week to do it. Since I like things done neatly and in a certain order it was stressing me out how scattered he had everything. I still stuck to my word even though by now I really wanted to help get it done. I know they will feel better about doing it by themselves and not having mom doing it or making them do it her way just becasue I see it one way and they see it another. I am growing up and letting go. It is so hard because they are my babies. Here are a few picture of Dylan's model.


2 comments:

Janet said...

That is a way cool looking project! Good job Dylan!

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

Hey I hope you have an awesome weekend! Check out my blog to get your awards with l♥ts of l♥ve from me :) ♥ Hugs! :) Shauna
http://trying2staycalm.blogspot.com/