Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MY LITTLE BAKER

My son Jacob loves to cook/bake. He is always looking for something to bake even if we don't have all the ingredients the recipe calls for he will improvise. I came home from work one day and he had made a whole platter of sugar cookies. He had to improvise because we didn't have all the ingredients. I don't remember what we didn't have but whatever he used instead did the trick. To me they turned out to be the best sugar cookies I have ever tasted. I wasn't supposed to be eating them but they were so good I couldn't stop. I told myself they were only quarter size and it was okay to indulge. Jacob wasn't fond of them. I keep asking him to make them for me again even for my birthday. He wouldn't but he did make my birthday Cake. It was Yummy. A recipe (Strawberry Cake) I got off my girlfriends blog Chocolate Monday. You should check it out. There are some great recipes and crafty ideas on there you're bound to love. At least once a week he is baking something. So yesterday I pick him up from school and all he want to do is make brownies. Of course we don't have the stuff for brownies but we do for Chocolate chip cookies. So as a project together we started baking chocolate chip cookies then I decided I wanted some No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut butter Cookies YUMMY!!Here are a few Pictures I took of Jacob and baking skills.


My Birthday Cake Jacob made!


Jacob frosting my birthday cake


Jacob stirring the mixture for the chocolate no bake cookies

finished product, I can't wait to eat them!


Waiting for them to get done. So impatient


Jacob trying to eat them off the pan

Showing his cookies off! Goofy


Sampling his product. Yum Yum Delicious

2 comments:

Celeste said...

A baker/chef in the house sure could come in handy. Consider yourself lucky :)

Ally said...

THAT CAKE IS VERY PRETTY N LOOKS YUMMY!!!! HE NEVER MADE THINGS LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS HOME..LOL